The City is planning a power outage to a portion of downtown as on the map below 8:00 to approximately 18:00 on April 12. We are upgrading sections of the power line. Notices will be hand delivered to the affected properties. Thank you for your patience. Please contact City Hall with any questions – (250) 442-8266 | email.
Looking to prepare for an outage?
- Turn up your heat before the start of the outage.
- Turn off or unplug appliances or equipment. Sensitive equipment, electronics and appliances should be unplugged during an outage and re-plugged after power has been restored.
- Preserve heat, where possible. Close blinds or curtains and avoid opening doors to keep heat from escaping. Do not use outdoor barbeques, kerosene or camping heaters indoors as they emit carbon monoxide.
- Stay warm by dressing in layers and bringing out extra blankets.
- Get social! Make plans to visit friends or family in another area.