The City of Grand Forks has an opening for the position of Casual Administrative Assistant 1.
This position is for 7.5 hours per day on a casual, day by day, “as required basis”.
This is a Union position, subject to all Sections of the C.U.P.E. Local 4728 Collective Bargaining Agreement. Wage rate for this position as per the Collective Agreement is $32.32/hour.
CLOSING DATE – 4:00 PM – Friday, August 28, 2020
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank-you for your interest.
Resumes, along with references, may be e-mailed, faxed, mailed or dropped off to:
City of Grand Forks
Box 220, 7217 – 4th Street, Grand Forks, B.C. V0H 1H0
Fax (250) 442-8000
Attention: Juliette Rhodes, Chief Financial Officer
Email to: email@example.com Subject Line: Casual Administrative Assistant 1
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer and the immediate direction of the Senior Accountant, the Administrative Assistant I is responsible for receiving the public, processing payments, document processing, updating records, opening and closing office procedures, and the operation of all office equipment.
The Administrative Assistant I will assist the Senior Accountant, Revenue and Payments Clerk as requested.
The Administrative Assistant I is an entry level position with the expectation that within one year the Administrative Assistant I will be able to perform all aspects of the duties and responsibilities assigned, and will advance to be trained as Administrative Assistant II.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties of an Administrative Assistant I will include but not be limited to:
- Answering telephone and in-person inquiries.
- Performing daily collections, reconciliations and analysis of monies, cheques, notes and other forms of exchange, and depositing same in designated financial institutions.
- Performing a variety of clerical and filing work, maintaining files, distribution of internal mail and preparation of outgoing mail and photocopying.
- Receiving applications and applicable fees.
- Updating City records as requested.
- Taking minutes at department meetings, requiring a high degree of accuracy.
- Opening and closing office procedures.
- Handling the office equipment, including operation and maintenance.
- Completing all month-end and year-end activities and reports associated with the duties of the position.
- Business licence invoicing and related duties.
- Processing home banking and online payments.
- Processing utility and property tax uploads (pre-authorized payments).
- Preparing purchase orders as required.
- Balancing petty cash and preparing cheque requisitions.
- Maintaining office supplies inventory, including the yearly paper supply.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School Graduation
- Completion of 1st level accounting in a recognized accounting program and related work experience
- Completion of Office Administration Program or similar course of studies
- Minimum two years of experience in office procedures
- Proficient in computer applications
- Familiar with financial spreadsheet and database use
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High degree of tact in meeting, dealing and cooperating with internal and external clients
- Willing and able to perform new tasks or change how a task is done in an advanced technological workplace