Our annual Spring Sweeping Program is scheduled to begin in late March and continue through to April cleaning up winter sand, dirt, and leaves accumulated on roadways, sidewalks, and boulevards. Regular removal of debris is necessary to prevent storm water drains from clogging, keeps our roads safe, protects the environment and improves the appearance of the City of Grand Forks. Sweeping will begin in the downtown core, and progress to arterial roads and residential streets.
To help us provide the best service possible, residents are reminded to:
- • Keep vehicles off residential streets to allow the sweeper to do a proper job,
- • Place garbage containers and recycling away from the road on collections days,
- • Keep basketball and hockey nets off the road and far enough back from the curb,
- • Be understanding while street sweeping is underway, there may be some noise and dust,
- • Be patient. Cold and rainy weather prevents our sweeper from operating.
The City of Grand Forks appreciates the co-operation from the residents and businesses.
Any question or comments may be directed to the Public Works office at:
City Works: (250) 442-8266