Position Title: Journeyman Lineman
Position Type: Full Time, CUPE
Salary: $48.60/hour as per current collective agreement
The City of Grand Forks is seeking an individual for the position of Journeyman Lineman. This position is full-time and offers a competitive salary and full range of benefits.
Under the general direction of Utilities Manager or designate and the immediate direction of the Electrical Distribution Coordinator, the Journeyman Lineman is generally responsible for the repair and upkeep of the City’s electrical distribution systems in alignment with legislative requirements, City policies, departmental asset management program, capital plan, annual budget, and customer requests.
The City of Grand Forks is one of five municipalities in British Columbia that operates their own electrical distribution system.
The preferred candidate will possess the following education and competencies:
• High School Graduation.
• Journeyman Lineman Certificate and Interprovincial Red Seal or equivalent,
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in hotline procedures,
• Current training in relevant safety courses, including WHMIS, First Aid, etc.• Minimum Class 5 B.C. Driver’s Licence with Air Brake endorsement (Driver’s Abstract will be required).
• Demonstrated knowledge of the electrical components of the City sewer and water utility systems.
• Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain and generate accurate records.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff, outside agencies and members of the public. Must possess good interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team in a safe and efficient manner, fostering good cooperation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to operate or utilize the tools, equipment, materials and techniques necessary for the position.
• Demonstrated computer skills, including ability to use relevant City software program(s).
This is a Union position, subject to all Sections of the CUPE Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Using the subject line “Journeyman Lineman”, please submit your resume and cover letter, in confidence, to Justin Dinsdale, Utilities Manager, City of Grand Forks, 7217-4th Street (PO Box 220), Grand Forks, BC, V0H 1H0, or by e-mail: email@example.com
Cover letters and detailed resumes, including references, will be accepted until 2:00 pm on Tuesday, September 7, 2021.
A full job description can be found via this page: https://www.grandforks.ca/careers/
The City of Grand Forks appreciates the interest and effort of all applicants in applying for this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Find a detailed description and list of requirements below.